theladyscribe: (writing is for fun)
[personal profile] theladyscribe
Sorry for not updating sooner -- my only excuse is that I've been drowning in Captain America feels. Anyway, here are the results of the fandom poll (now closed), and a new poll to further narrow down the list. Any fandoms with no votes has been struck from the second poll. Any fandom with only one vote after the SECOND poll will be struck from the final list, as that means it is likely unmatchable. If your fandom only has one vote but you know other people write for it, encourage them to participate in the poll (but please make sure they are going to participate in the remix!).

List below the cut )

Also, re: the Wild-Card. About 25% of participants said they were not interested in a wild-card, while the other 75% said yes or maybe. So the wild-card will happen, but you are not required to participate in it if you qualify in at least one of the final fandoms. If, however, you only qualify as a wild-card, you will also have to participate as a wild-card.

NEW POLL IS HERE.
theladyscribe: (if music be the food of love)
[personal profile] theladyscribe
I've had several questions regarding the possibility of the Wild-Card, so I thought it would be a good idea to start some real discussion of it.

I see it working like this:

To be a wild-card remixee, you must still meet the three-or-five rule in the qualifying fandoms, but the stories that count do not have to all be in the same fandom. For example, let's say you've written two 500-word stories with women in Supernatural and one 500-word story in Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Woo-hoo, you can sign up to be remixed by a wild-card participant! If you do meet the requirements for regular qualification, you can still sign up to be a wild-card remixee, but you are not required to do so. Furthermore, you can still be matched on the fandoms you qualify with even if you sign up for the wild-card.

To be a wild-card remixer, you are agreeing to potentially be assigned an author with whom you do not share any fandoms. For example, you only read/write Battlestar Galactica, but you signed up for the wild-card and were assigned someone who has only written Star Wars! You have two options: you can either research the fandom and try to access some of the canon and then write your remix, or you can remix blind and use only the author's works as the source for your story, whichever works best for you.

***

Thoughts? Questions? Concerns?

Profile

femmeremix: Image of a young girl writing in a notebook. (Default)
A Multi-Fandom Female-Centric Remix

2016 Schedule

Nominations April 24-May 8
Sign-Ups May 13-28
Assignments Out June 5
Assignments Due July 24
Stories Live July 31

August 2016

S M T W T F S
 123456
78910111213
14151617181920
21222324252627
28293031   

Syndicate

RSS Atom
Page generated 22/8/17 22:24

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags